After what felt like an eternal winter, the sunshine had arrived (praise) and we're here and ready for a bronzed girl summer.
East Coast squad - we've been stuck inside with lockdown and the chilly winter weather, so we know we'll all be flocking outside to the beach, the parks and everything in between to finally get those rays of sunshine we've all been craving.
But don't be fooled, as much as we're all after that bit fo Vitamin D or that summer bronze, it does not mean that we should go silly and damage our skin. The burnt to a crisp look is SO 2009.
Did you know; one of our founders had a run in with skin cancer which was the conduit to Luna Bronze being founded? Read more about our story here.
Wondering how you can possibly achieve gloriously glowing, sun kissed skin AND avoid sun damage and wrinkles at the same time?
Luna has got you covered to keep you bronzed AF - minus the sun. We've curated the best summer tanning hacks that will have your skin looking from drab to fab!
Summer Skin Hacks:
Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate!
- The summer months and warmer weather really dries our skin out so it's important we buff and exfoliate 2-3 times a week to get rid of any dry skin and make way for more fresh and glowing skin. Pair our Back to Base Exfoliant with our Exfoliating Mitt for the ultimate glow up 🙌🏼
When you think you've moisturised. Moisturise some more!
- With the warmer weather, moisturising is key to keeping your skin silky, soft and hydrated. We recommend applying your moisturiser after you've dried off so that your skin is at it's prime to absorb every bit of moisture it gets. Because we love multitasking, why not combine your regular moisturising routine with giving your skin a natural glow? Use Glow Gradual Tanning Moisturiser once a day to develop a natural looking bronze whilst hydrating and nourishing your skin.
- With all your upcoming summer festivities, and jam packed event calendars, you'll probably be a busy beaver, which is why you need to savour every minute of your self care routines. But not to fret, your Luna Bronze sunless tanning routine can easily be incorporated into your usual wind down, self care or skincare routines. Our essential oil blend scent of lemon myrtle, orange blossom and mandarin will do just that by thinking you've been transported to a spa 🧖♀️
- Craving that 'just got back from Europe' bronze in the comfort of your own home? Total Eclipse Express Tanning Mousse is for you. Being summer (no one wants to sweat whilst they're tanning), you can leave T.E. on for 1-3 hours to get our deepest bronze from the comfort of your own home 💁🏽♀️
- We know we're not the only ones who hate wearing makeup in the middle of summer! Also, trying to be #skinfluencers over here...Good Night will have you covered, giving you that natural and most importantly - sunless - glow overnight whilst you sleep. Wakeup to a gorgeous glow overnight whilst you sleep. Wake up to a gorgeous glow that will replace your foundation. Here's to not sweating your foundation off on those hot days #thankuslater
- With all the sunless tanning we all should be doing 👀 we should also be regularly exfoliating to remove any excess tan and to make way for fresh and glowing skin. Our Back to Base Body Exfoliant with Glycolic Acid has your back and paired with our Exfoliating Mitt will be your perfect mat this summer & will have your skin looking 💯 (no 🧢).